Monday, November 2, 2015

My Baby is 3!

Henry is 3 years old today. 


Where did the time go? I remember the day he was born just like it was yesterday. I was induced on a Friday morning. Paul and I went in the night before so they could soften my cervix. We slept there that night and the next morning they started pitocin. Within 1 hour, my water broke, I was dilated to a 3 and having contractions every 90 seconds and they were AWFUL. I was given an epidural and the rest of the day was bliss :-) haha. But really, everyone I loved was in the room up until delivery. My mom, my dad, my sister and Paul's mom. The anticipation of the birth of Henry was like nothing I had ever experienced. I pushed for over 3 hours and out he came! Poor thing had a huge cone head and adorable. Looking back on his birth brings so many wonderful memories. The day I had Henry my life changed forever. I know what it mean to truly love someone more than yourself, what unconditional selfless love is and how to be a mom. 


The first video is while waiting for Henry to be born. Sitting in the room with Paul, my mom and dad, Polly and Paige. 

This one is right after Henry was born


Looking back on his birth brings so many wonderful memories. The day I had Henry my life changed forever. I know what it mean to truly love someone more than yourself, what unconditional selfless love is and how to be a mom. 

I would give anything to go back to that day, a day when my family was whole and we were all simply happy. I know life has thrown so many different things my direction and I am grateful that every step has brought me closer to not only my family but my true self and God. I trust that experiencing the unconditional love of being a parent shows me what God's love is like for me. That through this love I am able to see a glimpse of the Kingdom of Heaven. And that if this love I have for Henry is like the love my Dad has for me, then I know nothing will ever break that; not even death. 

Henry Paul Haynes changed my life 3 years ago and he continues to every single day. As I sit here writing this he is screaming "beep beep beep" in the next room while at the exact same time playing on his new leap frog pad and with his cars. He is full of life, energy, excitement and such a stinker! He is smart, kind, funny and simply the joy of my life.

God Bless his little soul and all that his life brings to mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment